- The adventurers find the spring, which is an oily black color.
- A massive black willow tree lurks there.
- The adventurers inspect the tree, but seem to find nothing strange about it.
- When they reach for a drink from the spring, the tree attacks!
- With terrible, strangling vines it entangles several of them at a time, and swallows Elwe whole.
- The adventurers attempt to talk the evil down, but he is not very reasonable, and steadfast in keeping them from drinking from the pool.
- Radurak Bloodmoon’s beloved companion Bubba is strangled to death.
- After a brave fight, of fire, swords, and splintering blows, the tree is defeated.
- They inspect it and find treasure from past adventurers inside it!
- The pool rids them of the cursed plague.
- Narrier “cutpurse” arrives with two fellow bandits. They’re looking to drink from the pool as well.
- He is talked down from monetizing the spring, but it is clear that it is only a temporary agreement, one that will change as soon as they turn their backs on him.
- During the conversation, Davien sneaks up on Narrier and attacks!
- Narrier retreats like a coward, drinking a potion of Expeditious Retreat.
- The other two guards, both human, are defeated.
- One is interrogated. He was working for Narrier entirely out of profit: a promised 1% of all the proceeds from monetizing the spring.
- Bubba the bear is skinned and eaten, for noble reasons of re-integrating his essence into the world.
Total XP: 1250 per player
|Hangman’s Tree (-1 CR)||1 × 2400 =||2,400|
|Narrier “cutpurse”||1 × 1,600 =||1,600|
|Narrier’s men||2 × 600 =||1,200|
|5200 / 5 ~ 1050 per player|
Roleplay: 100 per player
Cured!: 100 per player